2022 Suzuki SV650

After three years of dormancy, I'm finally back on the bike and eager to share my experiences with you all. In this post, I want to talk about the Suzuki SV650, a middleweight-class motorcycle that I recently acquired.

Earlier this year, I was in search of a new bike for my daily commute to the office. My small scooter, which had served me well during the pandemic, had become unreliable after I rode it nearly 100km per day. One day, while riding full throttle on the highway, the drive belt snapped in the middle of the PLUS highway. I had to push my bike to the Kajang toll gate before a good samaritan, a Grab rider, helped me push it to a workshop in Bandar Baru Bangi. It was clear that I needed a more reliable and robust bike for my daily commute.

Initially, I considered a few entry-level bikes, such as the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 and the KTM Duke 390. However, I soon found myself drawn to the middleweight class, which included the Honda CB650R, Yamaha MT07, Kawasaki Z650, Suzuki SV650, Royale Enfield Continental GT 650, and Triumph Trident 660. The Yamaha MT-09 and the inline-4 Suzuki GSX-S750 were also on my radar, but I felt they were too powerful for a commuting bike and would not look good with a top box. Ultimately, I settled on the Suzuki SV650, with its retro design, reliable engine, and affordable pricing.

The 2022 SV650 is the third generation of the model, with the first generation being introduced in 1999. The engine has proven to be bulletproof, making it a popular choice among riders. The only upgrade from the 2017 model is the front brake, which has been changed from a 2-pot to a 4-pot caliper. The newer models also come with ABS as standard. However, the bike does not have many electronic aids, with only low RPM assist and quick start included.

In my opinion, the retro design of the SV650 is its main attraction. It looks like it's stuck in the '90s, with a round headlight, old-school lollipop signals, telescopic forks, a steel tank, and a riding position that is not too aggressive like a sports bike. It has received many good reviews and accolades from motorcycle magazines and independent reviewers on YouTube.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase of the Suzuki SV650 and look forward to riding it for many years to come. Perhaps one day I will upgrade to a more powerful naked bike, but for now, the SV650 is the perfect choice for my daily commute.

The first bike I rode Honda C70 had a round headlight

No windscreen

Just a sticker? C'mon Suzuki!

A nice blue color Trellis Frame

An ugly exhaust 😪

Telescopic forks

Another sticker

Suzuki should put a white color sticker la. Black sticker on dark background tak nampak apa.

Sticker lagi

Not a TFT dashboard, but a functional one

Lollipop signal... yummeh!

Made in Japan! Nihonsei wa saiko da!

After more than 20 plus years on the market, it is the most refine and bulletproof engine in the world.

Bulky radiator

4 pots caliper

Fiza rode it to Terenganu. Bridge over Tasik Kenyir in the background.

I rode my R1200GS

Pantai in Terenganu

At Kuala Klawang riding together with Fiza's new bike Trident 660

Pantai Sungai Burung near Sekinchan

Sawah bendang at Sekinchan

Lagi syiok drp GS... seriously, but GS is a more comfortable bike.

A very versatile bike too


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2014 KTM Duke 690R

2021 Triumph Trident 660

Short jaunt to BKK