StandChart Singapore Marathon 2011

I've been running in S'pore every year for the past 3 years and all the events were marathon. So, I decided to run half this time. Main reason is I grew tired of running in ECP (East Coat Park). S'pore don't have place for people to run 42km. The only place available without having to close the road is ECP. Another reason I wanted to try half marathon because part of the running course is around Sentosa and inside Universal Studio Singapore. I've never been to this place before and I hope to take my kids to USS someday.

Thanks to Kash for picking me up at Novena and drove me to the Marina Sands Bay for race kit collection.

The start line for half marathon was at the entrance to Sentosa

Less than 3km into the race, we stuck in human traffic jam!

We had a chance running inside Universal Studio Singapore


The road was so narrow, we could rub shoulders with the runners coming from opposite way

The last 11km was on the highway to "Padang". It was bloody hot!! Saw many casualties along the way. I crossed finish line in 3:17hrs which is my PW :P

Another medal for my collection :)

My gratitude to Kash & family for letting me crash in at your place. Then she took all the trouble to send me to Novena to board a bus to KL. Hope to see you again in next event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2014 KTM Duke 690R

2021 Triumph Trident 660

Weekend jaunt to Brisbane